So you need to tone and tighten your arms and burn a little fat in the process. We have made this arm workout specifically for women with no equipment that can be done at home, the office or while on vacation.
We all store fat differently, for some of us for some reason we tend to store fat in our arms. While it’s not possible to spot reduce fat without surgery we can target the muscles to tighten and tone them.
So whether you are here because you, hate your arms and want to try to lose some weight to make them thinner, or, you have a sleeveless dress you need to get into this weekend and need a little arm workout to tone them up quickly then this workout will do just that while burning plenty of calories which WILL help you to lose fat.
Because you are limited in what arm specific exercise you can do without using equipment or weights these arm exercises will work multiple muscles meaning you will feel it working your arms and shoulders whilst using other muscles in your core.
Dothis workout 2-3 times a week for best results.
- Related – The Best Way To Reduce Arms Fat
At home No Equipment Arm Workout For Women – 15 minute arm workout
What you will need – a chair and a mat (not quite no equipment but things that should be around your home, the mat isn’t essential)
Format – Perform as a circuit
Time – 30 seconds on – 10 seconds off
- Press ups
- Tricep Dips
- Shoulder taps
- High to low plank
- Mountain Climbers
Rest for 1 minute after each round – Perform 4 rounds.
PRESS UPS OR PUSH UPS
Press ups or push ups are one of the best upper body exercises that target the back of your arms, front of your shoulders and across your entire chest.
- To start lay on the floor on your front and place your thumbs just under your armpits close to your chest.
- From here straighten your arms so you are now in a high plank with hands under shoulders, feet together and body in a nice straight line from your shoulders to your heals.
- If doing half press ups simply drop your knees to the floor and aim for a straight line from your shoulders down to your knees.
- From here lower yourself down as far as you can go and then push back up for one repetition. You want to only move your arms and not your hips. If it is still too hard to do try raising your hands or doing them standing against a stable work top.
Tricep dips are an amazing exercise for your triceps, the muscle that makes up two thirds of your upper arm. Work this muscle for fast results and nice toned arms.
- Sit on the edge of a chair or stable ledge of some sort and place your hands either side of your butt.
- Supporting your weight with your arms, move your hips off the chair into the start position.
- Now bend your arms to lower yourself down towards the ground. When your arms are at a 90 degree bend push back up.
- Keep your back close to the bench throughout.
- to make it harder move your feet out and away from your body.
After the press ups and tricep dips your arms should be feeling nice and heavy. The shoulder taps will work both your core and shoulders.
- Start in a high plank position.
- Lift one hand off the floor and touch the opposite shoulder.
- Keep your hips as still as possible throughout.
HIGH TO LOW PLANK
The high to low plank is a great exercise for your triceps whilst targeting your core for a stronger and flatter stomach.
- Start this in a high plank position which is hands placed under your shoulders on the floor , body stretched out to your toes.
- From this high plank you take one arm and bring it down to the floor so you are on your forearm, repeat the other side so that you finish in a low plank.
- Once down, push back up one arm at a time until you return to the high plank position once more.
- Complete 20 reps switching the lead arm half way through.
Mountain climbers work your upper body and your abs giving you nice defined shoulders and a flat stomach. Plus if your heart rate isn’t already high by now it will be by the end of 30 these.
- In a high plank position bring one knee up and under your body towards your hands.
- Once you can’t move it any further up your body return that leg to the start position and switch legs.
- Once you have got to grips with the move speed it up so that you are at a running speed.