This healthy asparagus chicken salad recipe is right up there with my favorite healthy, high protein salads as a main meal in the evening or as a healthy lunch to take to work. With fresh radishes, tasty chicken, crunchy asparagus and a lemon, garlic and oregano dressing drizzled on top, this salad recipe packs a delightful crunch with every bite.
Salads that are more than just lettuce are so much better for you and tastier! The combination of the lemon and garlic dressing, the chicken, the asparagus and mixed leaf salad delivers so much flavor.
Salads are a quick and healthy way to get in lots of veggies, and if you are a “salad dodger” (somebody that doesn’t like salads) you can add a tasty dressing to make it taste so so much better. Seriously, Luke wouldn’t eat salads until he met me. It’s all in the dressing.
This salad features our tasty homemade lemon garlic and oregano dressing that’s light on the pallet and is low in calories. Asparagus delivers a great addition of fiber which will help you feel fuller along with many other nutrients such as Vitamin A, C, and K.
- Related – 70 Healthy Salads You Need To Try
What’s great about this salad is that it takes next to no time at all to create and serve up.
Warm chicken and asparagus salad
- 100g chicken breast
- 4 sticks of asparagus
- 1 radishes
- A large handful of fresh spinach or mixed salad leaves
- 1 squeeze of lemon
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Sea salt, black pepper,
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- Cut the chicken into small pieces (thinner the pieces the quicker they will cook), then drizzle it with a little olive oil, add salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Place a pan on a medium heat, fry the chicken until golden and cooked through.
- Drizzle the asparagus with a little olive oil and cook on the same pan for 3 min on each side.
- Thinly slice the radishes and cut spinach or salad leaves.
- For the dressing, mix everything together in a bowl.
- Serve the salad and pour the dressing. ENJOY!
Make sure you cook the chicken through so that no raw pink parts remain.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 500Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 1312mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 8gSugar: 5gProtein: 37g