What are the best lower ab exercises that target that belly pooch to give you that flat stomach you’ve been dreaming of.
The lower part of your stomach is notoriously the hardest part of your belly to lose fat from, today we will look at the 7 best lower ab exercises for women.
Your lower abs region is the first place you gain weight and usually, it’s the last to come off.
It’s so stubborn, luckily we are at hand to give you the 7 best lower ab exercises to target that lower part of your stomach to help burn the fat.
Could you just have lazy lower abs? A lot of the time these lower ab muscles can get lazy and make it look like you are bloated. A simple trick I teach all of my clients is to always focus on holding in their belly button, especially when they are training. This will teach your lower stomach muscles to tighten giving you an instant flatter belly.
To further tighten and tone the lower part of your abs there are some ab exercises that target that specific area of your body and here are the 7 most effective exercises you can do.
Do These 7 lower ab Exercises For A Flat Belly
Do 2 rounds of 40 seconds on and 10 seconds off 3 days a week for fast results.
1. Reverse Crunches
We must start with the mother of lower ab exercises the reverse crunch. It’s so effective at targeting the lower part of your abs to help fight that belly pooch.
- Lay on the flow and place your hands under your glutes.
- With your legs bent roll your hips lifting your legs up and over your body.
- Be sure not to kick your legs up and try to maintain the same leg bend throughout the movement.
2. Flutter Kicks
Another great exercise that targets the lower part of your abs and is excellent at burning that belly fat. You might feel this in your hip flexor muscles. With practise you’ll stop feeling the leg burn. Its normal.
- Lay on your mat and place your hands under your glutes.
- Raise your legs up keeping them extended.
- Lift each leg up about 2 feet alternating left and right. You can vary the height you lift, playing around with high lifts and short shallow lifts.
3. Slow mountain climbers
While fast mountain climbers are a great cardio HIIT exercise doing them slowly can really target the abs and core muscles to great effect.
- In a high plank position. That’s hands on the floor under shoulders and body erect on your toes.
- Lift one leg up towards your elbows whilst keeping your body aligned from shoulders to toes.
- Switch and repeat.
- Remember to keep them slow and controlled and engage your core.
WANT GREAT LOOKING ABS AND A FLATTER STOMACH?
Enter your NAME & EMAIL and I’ll send you 5 awesome AB WORKOUTS. PLUS 6 tips to lose belly fat fast!
4. V-Sit Hold
This lower ab exercise is harder than it looks.
- To start sit down and lift your legs to a 45 degree angle, lean back and hold this pose.
- Aim to straighten your legs.
- If you can’t straighten your legs its fine to hold them bent.
5. seated in outs
This is literally one of my favourite ab exercises which happens to be amazing for the lower abs.
- Sit on the floor and place your hands on the floor by your hips
- Then lean back to engage your core and lift your legs up off the floor
- To start the exercise lean backwards and push your legs forwards opening your body up and then return to your start position.
- Keep your core engaged throughout.
6. Ab Cycle
Don’t be fooled this is one of the hardest ab exercises that targets the whole of your core. Great for a flat stomach.
- Lying on a mat, put your hands behind your head and gently support your head with your fingers.
- Lift your knees toward your chest and lift your shoulder blades up off the floor.
- Twist your body toward the right, bringing your right elbow toward your left knee as you extend your right leg out straight.
- Switch sides by bringing your left elbow toward your right knee and extending your left leg.
- Continue in this pedalling motion.
7. Alternate Leg V-Sit
The V-Sit is a great abdominal exercise but it’s also very difficult to do whereas the Alternate Leg V-Sit is a perfect alternative that targets your lower abs nicely.
- Start by laying on a mat arms and legs outstretched making yourself as long as possible.
- Lift your right leg up and at the same time bring both arms up and over your head towards your right leg crunching in the middle as the meet.
- Return arms and leg back to start position and repeat on the left leg.
- In the video the lady sits all the way up, this is very effective if you let your leg come further over your body and crunch rather than sit up. And it’s better for your spine.
Have some fun and get creative with these lower ab exercises and remember to do them at least 3 days a week for fast results.
These lower ab exercises are great for tightening and toning the muscles but will only do so much for fat loss. No matter what anybody tells you doing ab exercises alone are not enough for fighting belly fat.
The abs are a very small muscle and you won’t burn many calories doing these exercise. So if you have fat to loss that needs to go to uncover your abs then I suggest making them part of a HIIT routine. You can get some great HIIT workouts here. Combine that with a diet to lose the fat and you’ll see some killer results in no time.
If you’re wondering what the heck you should do for faster results, then I highly recommend our Free 7 Day Challenge.
It will help you get a kick start on your weight loss.
Want visibly more defined abs in 21 days?
Our plan promises that in 21 days you’ll have noticeably flatter abs after following the workout plan and accompanying food guide. Learn more by clicking the image below or heading to —> 21 Day Flat Belly Abs & Core Plan.
As always, keep working hard and never give up.