If you’re looking for ab exercises for a flatter stomach then you’re in the right place. Here are my all-time favorite ab exercises that are guaranteed to tighten tone and flatten your belly.
My clients are always asking me for more ab exercises to help flatten their stomach before a big event or on the lead up to a holiday. We all want better abs whether it’s just for show or so you can comfortably wear that tight dress you’ve had your eye on.
For whatever reason drives you to want a flatter tummy these 8 simple ab exercises will help you get there. There’s no need for any equipment you can do them anywhere.
Just do these 8 ab exercises 3 times a week for 60 seconds each and you should notice your stomach become flatter within days.
Do These 8 Exercises For A Flat Stomach
1. The Spiderman Plank
The Spiderman plank is one of my favourite all over core exercise and is ideal if you want a flat stomach.
- Start in a low plank
- Lift your right knee up towards your right elbow, as you move your leg up drop your left side of your hip down slightly towards the ground keeping your hips low and crunch the side of your body between your right knee and elbow.
- Return to the plank position.
- Repeat on the left side.
2. Plank Jacks
A move dynamic ab and core exercise to help you flatten your belly. It involves a bit of effort but its worth it.
- Start in a low or high plank, low is harder, with your feet together.
- Jump your feet apart just, roughly shoulder width.
- Jump your feet back together.
- Short and sharp jumps are more effective for working your abs and core.
- Do not let your hips lift as you jump.
3. Side plank Hip Drops
Side planks are amazing but this variation is a killer and really tightens your waist which helps flatten your belly.
- Star by laying on your side, using your forearm to support you.
- Lift your boy up off the ground putting all your weight on your forearm and feet. Your body is now in aside plank .
- Drop your hips down to the ground and then raise them up as high as you can.
- Related – 5 Minute Abs Workout For Women
4. Russian Twists
Another oblique exercise the russian twist is a great ab exercise that works across the front of your body. This is a very effective exercise with or without a weight.
- Sit on the floor with your feet together and knees in front of you also together. Now lean back as far as you can without falling over, you will feel your core muscles engage and become hard.
- From here twists from left to right, i like to touch the floor next to your hips with each rep.
5. Reverse Crunches
This is the exercise that will help flatten the lower part of your abs. This is the area most of us struggle with so don not skip this if you want a flat belly.
- Lay on the flow and place your hands under your glutes.
- With your legs bent roll your hips lifting your legs up and over your body.
- Be sure not to kick your legs up and try to maintain the same leg bend throughout the movement.
6. Ab Cycle
Don’t be fooled this is one of the hardest ab exercises in our top 8 exercises for a flat stomach.
- Lying on a mat, put your hands behind your head and gently support your head with your fingers.
- Lift your knees toward your chest and lift your shoulder blades up off the floor.
- Twist your body toward the right, bringing your right elbow toward your left knee as you extend your right leg out straight.
- Switch sides by bringing your left elbow toward your right knee and extending your left leg.
- Continue in this pedalling motion.
7. Alternate Leg V-Sit
The V-Sit is a great abdominal exercise but it’s also very difficult to do whereas the Alternate Leg V-Sit is a perfect alternative.
- Start by laying on a mat arms and legs outstretched making yourself as long as possible.
- Lift your right leg up and at the same time bring both arms up and over your head towards your right leg crunching in the middle as the meet.
- Return arms and leg back to start position and repeat on the left leg.
- In the video the lady sits all the way up, this is very effective if you let your leg come further over your body and crunch rather than sit up. And it’s better for your spine.
8. Ab Crunches
The classic ab crunch has to be n our list of the top 8 ab exercises for a flatter belly.
- Start by laying on the floor with your legs bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Place your hands either, beside your temples, on your thighs, across your chest or in the air. If you really want a challenge place them outstretched behind your head.
- Lift your shoulder blades up and off the floor and lower back down again squeezing your abdominal muscles to perform the lift, there is very little movement.
- Keep your lower back on the floor
If a minute of these ab exercises is too long reduce the time to a time you can manage and then work up session by session from there. You’ll have those sexy abs in no time.
If you have weight to lose these exercises alone will help you flatten your stomach but they won’t help reduce the fat covering your abs. That saying “abs are made in the kitchen” is very true.
If you want a flat stomach and you need to lose a few extra pounds check out some of our ultimate weight loss guide.
Want to realy shred the fat?
You might like our 6 Week Transformation Challenge.
6 Week Transformation Challengeis our 6-week diet and exercise plan that’s designed especially for women. It even has an optional workout program to complement the diet plan. If you’re serious about losing weight then it’s worth a look to see if it’s something you might be interested in.
WANT GREAT LOOKING ABS AND A FLATTER STOMACH?
Enter your NAME & EMAIL and I’ll send you 5 awesome AB WORKOUTS. PLUS 6 tips to lose belly fat fast!